Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo at El Norte Tonight!

I know what you're thinking: Cinco de Mayo is an amateur night full of drunken 21 year-olds. I agree. Apparently I'm now old enough where I stay as far away from the holiday, and it's drinking holiday-cousin St. Patrick's Day, because of the ridiculous people doing a little too much "celebrating" that night.

But this Cinco de Mayo is different. I will be out celebrating this obscure holiday at the new Lake City bar, El Norte.  Danae, over on Lake City Live, has been doing an awesome job tracking the trials and tribulations of Mr. Villa owner's trying to open - gasp! - a new bar in the neighborhood. Granted the previous bar in the El Norte space was the notorious Rose Garden. But how will we ever expect Lake City to grow and attract new, non-chain, businesses when the red tape is so thick? Also, have you been to Mr. Villa yet? If El Norte has even a little bit of the amazing food that they have at their, I will be so excited.

Alright, I'm off my soapbox - Come have a margarita with me tonight at El Norte (13717 Lake City Way N.E., Seattle, 98125). We can discuss what would be our dream businesses for the soon to be vacated Rick's strip club.

3 comments:

Well Done said...

I love mr. villa, but miss the old sign. viva el norte!

Well Done said...

I went to el norte yesterday with 10 friends. excellent drinks, food, service, price. It's the new "in" place.

Unknown said...

Nice! I'm so glad you liked the place and I'm sure the owners loved such a big group! :)