Friday, April 16, 2010

Meet-up Pictures and Thank You's


Thank you so much to all who came out to the Tax Day Meet-up last night at Black Pearl Restaurant in Wedgwood. It was great to meet so many new people from the NE Seattle neighborhoods and from as far away as the distant lands of Issaquah. It was an awesome crowd, great conversation, and everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time.

Annie at Black Pearl blew us all away by serving a seven-course sampling of their menu with wine pairing for each.  I should mention that the term "sampling" doesn't do the evening justice as it was clearly a huge meal!

My favorites of the night were definitely the Spicy Fish in Szechaun Sauce and the Mongolian Beef but the homemade Chow Mein noodles really stole the show.  I think they're the best I've had in Seattle. Oh and did I mention how delicious the pork pot stickers were? Clearly I could go on and on.

Last but most definitely not least, a huge thank you to Northwest Totem Cellars and Greenlake Wines for the incredible donation of wine for the event. The NW Totem Cellars Late Harvest Viognier was like pure honey in my glass - I wanted to drink the entire bottle! And the Randall Harris Sauvignon Blanc was so amazing I must plug that Greenlake Wines will be selling it for $5 a bottle this weekend only. I'll be stopping by there later today to pick up a few bottles.

Thanks everyone! A few pictures from the event can be found on our Flickr page.  If anyone else took some photos, feel free to add them to the pool!

3 comments:

Honolulu Mark said...

Delicious all around, Black Pearl dishes, wine, and everyone there.

Anonymous said...

nice blog. Have you considered adding Meadowbrook to the neighborhoods listed at the top of the page. Also there is a typo in the Wedgwood link at the top of the page, too many w's in it. Also having an easy to find contact / feedback link wouldn't hurt so people don't have to leave this kind of info in the post comments.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up on the link and the feedback! I didn't put Meadowbrook in the top header because it's such a small neighborhood without a retail core. However, that's actually where I live so I may be adding it soon.